Jacob Lower

💂‍♂️

Fun read on threading, asyncio, multiprocessing & cloud functions.

💂‍♂️
Read📗 this article the other day that really helps understanding concurrency and parallelism in Python🐍. Does it with some simple real world examples. Although I wouldn't read it before lunch cause it made me hungry🍔.

https://sourcery.ai/blog/concurrency/
Like Comment

Live Twitch coding stream 3/25

💂‍♂️
Hello Deepnote Users😃!

The stream is still open to debate if you have any ideas💡 I'd love to hear them below!

💬We did chat a bit towards the end of our last stream about possibly doing some Natural Language Processing work with a data set.💬

📁Another idea I've seen is creating our own dataset to predict code execution time!📁

Let me know your thoughts and I'll announce a plan early next week!

How to join: Join anytime Thursday 25th between 5-7PM EST / 2-4PM PST (11PM-1 AM CET ). The Twitch stream will be live here - https://www.twitch.tv/deepnote_hq, starting at 5 PM EST.

Add to Calendar (Google)
Like Comment

Twitch stream YouTube Analysis Notebook!

💂‍♂️
I had such a fun time with our Twitch stream last Thursday. Thank you for anyone that helped or joined! Please feel free to just watch, use the chat box, or even join up on a Zoom call with us!

Special thank you to  Allan Campopiano  who helped with the entire stream and really made it fun.

This notebook was created from the information we learned on the stream and digs into some of the data we found. It is an analysis of the channel Good Mythical Moring. Notebook

Notebook collaborators:  Allan Campopiano ,  Jakub Žitný ,  Elizabeth Dlha   
Like Comment

Twitch Stream!

💂‍♂️
WHY?!: I'm super excited to write some code and hopefully get to meet some Deepnote users. I am no expert, so I would like some help along the way and some project ideas. Please comment anything you would like to see in this or an upcoming stream. I'm from the USA so the time zone is going to be a little different this time. I really hope some of you can make it. 

How to join: Join anytime Thursday 11th between 5-7PM EST / 2-4PM PST (11PM-1 AM CET ). The Twitch stream will be live here - https://www.twitch.tv/deepnote_hq, starting at 5 PM EST.

Project: My main goal is to meet people and make something cool or different. Comment below any ideas to code or just some topics in tech or programming to talk about!
Like Comment

Netflix Data Analysis

💂‍♂️
It's a 🤔Sunday fun day😄 of coding for me and I was looking at a trending dataset on Kaggle. It is called TV Shows and Movies listed on Netflix  and the CSV is a very manageable size that can fit in your Deepnote project.

I created a starter notebook here if anyone would like to add or improve on my examples! There is also a ton of inspiration on the Kaggle site I listed above as well. 
Like Comment

Hello Deepnote World!

💂‍♂️
I’m Jake I’ve been lurking and making a few posts in this community for a couple weeks now. I am a technology manager by day and a programmer / YouTuber by night. I want to help the community and use Deepnote to make both practical and fun projects. I hope from time to time I can help users and I know from time to time you’ll be fixing my errors😂.

I will be getting the opportunity to work with the Deepnote team on some collaborations hopefully with a Twitch stream in my near future. I will need a lot of help… maybe from someone more entertaining than myself  Elizabeth Dlha  😉
Like Comment

Creating a custom dataset - Reddit Data Scrape

💂‍♂️
Hi everyone!

I am new to the Deepnote community and wanted to post a notebook I have recently used to create a custom dataset. In this notebook I show how we can scrape reddit and get a dataset that I later hope to use in an NLP project. 

This is something I like to do for a variety of AI projects to keep things fresh and not have to reuse the same Cats VS Dogs examples over and over again. 
Like Comment