Dakota McCarty

Data ____, @Creative Force
💂‍♂️
Hello! Currently a data engineer/architect/analyst/so-on at Creative Force.

Slack alert on failure

💂‍♂️
I get the email alert's on failure and have set up an automation with Integromat to push those to Slack, but it'd be nice to have that build in directly. 

I was out-of-office last week and a scheduled notebook failed (as did my automation 😬) and some people were confused when things looked off.
Like Comment

Alert before opening large csv files

💂‍♂️
This may have already been brought up.. but, it'd be nice if there was some message when a csv (or any file) is too big (risking freezing the window) that asks if I'd like to open it or not.

I've accidentally clicked large files on a few occasions and everything freezes for a bit. If I refresh the screen then it loads back up on the large file and the process repeats...

Enjoy my example made during one of my waits (and bored Sunday afternoon). 😜

Like Comment
💂‍♂️
Hello, I'm Dakota, from the US but based in South Korea. 

My background is in econometrics and statistics (with a little poli sci thrown in) but now finishing up my PhD in Urban Planning with my research focusing on machine learning application to the field. 

I'm also working remotely as a data engineer? data scientist? analyst? All of it? just the fun of working with many hats! We've recently shifted towards having a bigger focus on data and I am the first (and only) member of the data team. Deepnote is the first step for us to having our code go from my laptop to somewhere that allows collaboration 🙂. 
Like Comment